Re: [ruby-81] vps hosting

From: Ivan S.
Sent on: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:41 PM
Hi - +1 for Slicehost - they have been really good at support, too.

Running a server off of comcast, while it might not get you booted  
off, would be tough for reliability and connection speeds. I would  
not use it for anything more than a personal project, considering how  
cheap VPS-type and shared hosting accounts are.


-
Ivan Storck
www.SustainableMarke­ting.com
www.SustainableWebsi­tes.com
(+1)[masked] x 1


On Jun 20, 2007, at 5:35 PM, aglick35 wrote:

> How risky is it to run a home server off Comcast cable?  Would they  
> boot me out or warn me first for violating Terms of Service. Anyone  
> have any experience in this or heard of any problems having a home  
> server?
> [address removed]
>
>
> Tim Jones wrote:
>> If you're into doing it yourself (i.e., want a minimal OS install  
>> and root shell and install whatever you want) I recommend  
>> Slicehost (www.slicehost.com).­
>>
>> Tim
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to  
>> everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
>> This message was sent by Tim Jones ([address removed]) from  
>> The East Bay Ruby Meetup Group.
>> To learn more about Tim Jones, visit his/her member profile:  
>> http://ruby.meetu...­
>> To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click  
>> here: http://www.meetup...­
>>
>> Meetup.com Customer Service: [address removed]
>> 632 Broadway New York NY 10012 USA
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to  
> everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
> This message was sent by aglick35 ([address removed]) from  
> The East Bay Ruby Meetup Group.
> To learn more about aglick35, visit his/her member profile: http:// 
> ruby.meetup.com/81/m­embers/[masked]/
> To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here:  
> http://www.meetup...­
>
> Meetup.com Customer Service: [address removed]
> 632 Broadway New York NY 10012 USA
>

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy