|Sent on:||Monday, January 18, 2010 10:15 AM|
Ruby on Rails Software Engineer - Well-funded Mobile Media Startup
We are seeking a top-caliber, enthusiastic Ruby on Rails Software Engineer to join our well-funded mobile media venture as a core member of an experienced, flat leadership team. The role will require design initiative and team collaboration, as well as extensive, efficient coding. The role will report to and collaborate with the CTO to deliver a novel platform from the ground-up. This is a contract-to-hire position.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and highly competitive.
- Design the server-side infrastructure with the CTO
- Develop and maintain the server-side codebase
- Monitor and administer the servers
- Collaborate in designing end-to-end platform and user-experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent; strong academic record
- 2+ years work experience Ruby on Rails server software engineering; advanced knowledge of Rails end-to-end from presentation layer to persistence layer
- Expert-level proficiency of object-oriented programming and software design patterns
- Experience building and deploying a web application in a clustered environment
- Experience setting up and administering Mysql databases, including setting up replication and query optimization
- Experience with Linux administration, shell scripting using Python
- Experience developing for and administering Amazon Web Services
- Experience developing a REST web services API
- Experience with digital media and streaming
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to [address removed].
If you aren't available but know someone who may be interested please feel free to pass this information along. We do offer an attractive referral bonus!
To see a complete listing of all current openings please visit our website at www.mainzbradygroup.com/
Mainz Brady Group, a technical staffing firm, is recognized as a leader in comprehensive employment and staffing solutions to the best known companies in Finance, Electronics/Manufacturing, Retail, Research & Development, Services, Government, Biotechnology, and Telecommunications. We specialize in Information Technology, Technical Sales & Marketing and Human Resources staffing-Contract, Contract to Hire, and Direct Hire.
We take great pride in our experienced Executive and IT Recruiter's ability to give our clients the very best talent available and, in doing so, we are able to offer the best career choices and perfect jobs for our candidates. Find out more about us, what we do to help clients find the right candidate, and how we can help job seekers find the right position.
At Mainz Brady Group, our experienced Professional IT Staffing Specialists and Executive Recruiters take great pride in our ability to offer our clients the very best candidates available.
Mainz Brady Group
Email: [address removed]
Please feel free to connect to me on LinkedIn:
Can you recommend talented, technical professionals who would appreciate speaking with a recruiter? I value referrals and offer generous referral rewards -- Thank you!
This email message originally included an attachment.