The East Bay Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Senior/Lead Developer @ Hot Angel-Backed Startup
San Francisco, CA
Are you an awesome <Ruby> developer who is looking to do something that makes a major impact? Do you want to be a part of smart, agile and small team working on new and innovative consumer web and mobile experiences that tie the offline and online worlds? Are you super passionate and ready to dive in and start releasing code daily (in not multiple times/day)?If so, you should read on…(learn a little more here: http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/11/formative-labs-funding/)
NOTE: this is not “Greentech”, this is bringing the consumer DNA to the energy space
About the Role
We're looking for an engineer that is passionate and excited to build something big. For the right person, it's the trifecta of using game mechanics/viral, making money AND doing good. You will be an integral part of a small team and help shape engineering – from making key decisions to coding and deploying. This is an IDEAL job for an engineer with 2-5- years of experience who wants to be part of a small team, feel ownership over their work, and code like a ninja to make this a raging success. You also understand that not everything works, iterating is KEY.
• Be hungry to build awesome consumer web products
• You embrace the practice of rapid prototyping/iterating, and working in a fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for performance is set high.
• Demonstrable experience with Ruby
• Analytics Driven
• Knowledgeable with jQuery, MooTools or equivalent and familiar with AJAX
• Experience with or sincere interest in social web APIs (facebook, etc.)
• B.S. or M.S. in computer science, or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity with social and game mechanics is plus, not a requirement
• Personality to handle responsibility, collaborate and excel in small team environment
• Knowledge of browser compatibility issues and web standards
**Sense of humor and a positive attitude are non-negotiable.
• Previous start-up experience a HUGE plus
• Interest in consumer energy is a plus, NOT a requirement
• Did we mention, hungry?
Brownie points for:
- Facebook App development experience
- An eye for cool and cutting edge design
* Lead design and implementation of the entire technology stack
* Work hand-in-hand with founders to make product and technology decisions
* Pro-actively contribute to new ideas and improvements
* Use analytics to revise and iterate on product quickly
* Rapidly fix bugs
* Finding solutions to problems – especially technical ones
Inquire at: job[at]formativelobs dot com