The East Bay Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Senior Rails Engineer at Leading Clean Tech Company
San Mateo, CA
SolarCity is the nation’s leading full-service solar and energy efficiency provider, offering solar system and efficiency design, financing, installation and monitoring services from a single source. We are always looking for talented, driven Software Engineers to join our team and help us develop our ever improving line of innovative software solutions. Our ideal candidate is a quick learner, willing to work with new technologies, is passionate about the clean energy industry, and enjoys working in a vibrant and rapidly growing company.
We are currently looking for a Ruby Software Engineer to lead the development of our new Energy Efficiency software product. This project provides a unique opportunity to apply state of the art technology with sophisticated building science to help make the world a more energy efficient place.
The position requires a strong programmer with multi-year experience developing on the Ruby on Rails framework in a test driven environment. We are willing to consider candidates with experience in other programming languages and MVC frameworks if they can demonstrate a very strong programming base and an ability to learn quickly. While the majority of the programming is to be done in a *nux environment, the software must also play nice with other applications. As such, we are looking for programmers who are somewhat language and platform agnostic with a willingness to work with different tools in different environments. Above all else, we want bright, enthusiastic programmers who enjoy interesting problems.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Develop energy modeling tools using advanced building science libraries.
• Integrate efficiency tools with a broader suite of software tools.
• Design and work with SQL databases.
• Write and maintain unit and integration tests.
• Work as an integral member of a tight knit team of developers.
• Bachelor degree in computer science or related field.
• Multi-year experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails and TDD or BDD (including RSpec and Cucumber)
• Strong object-oriented design and development skills.
• Understanding of test driven development.
• Experience working with SQL databases.
• Understanding of CSS, XHTML, and Ajax.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.