The East Bay Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Sr. RoR Developer for financial startup SharesPost
|A former member||
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer for Financial Startup, San Francisco or Los Angeles
SharesPost, based in San Bruno, CA, (near the San Francisco airport) is the online marketplace for private investments. Our mission is to bring transparency and efficiency to the capital markets for leading, venture-backed private companies.
We have a contract to perm position for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer. Compensation will include salary and equity in a mix to be determined.
We need a Ruby on Rails guru versed in agile development methodologies and able to quickly deliver high-quality, modular code. You must be experienced in designing and building scalable back-end systems but able to work with the entire application stack. You will work closely with our entire team, including those responsible for design, front-end development, back-end development, testing, and project management.
• 5+ years of web app experience, with 2-3 years of RoR
• Proven expertise in database design, development, and scalability
• UI development experience using HAML/SASS (JS frameworks experience a plus (e.g. jquery))
• Solid understanding of web development security issues
• Deployment and ongoing management of production applications
• E-commerce (e.g. ActiveMerchant) experience a plus
• Web analytics experience a plus
• Degree from a top tier CS program (nice, but your work matters more)
• Portfolio demonstrating understanding of best practices (code sample or link to GitHub repository)
Read more about SharesPost here:
Location: At either our offices in San Bruno, CA or Los Angeles, CA
How To Apply:
Email cover letter describing how you meet the requirements, a resume, and a link to your portfolio (code sample or GitHub repository) to jobs at our domain.