The East Bay Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Ruby Ninja Wanted for Hot San Francisco Startup (Financial District)

Ruby Ninja Wanted for Hot San Francisco Startup (Financial District)

Stacie
RecruitingDiva
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 3
We’re seeking a talented Engineer to join our growing development team at Cater2.me. You’ll be instrumental in revamping our order management and placement system as well as our website. We consider technology to be central to our ongoing acceleration and expansion.

Required Skills:

• 1-2+ years development experience in Ruby and Rails
• Strong knowledge of SQL and MySQL databases
• Detailed knowledge of performance and scalability, including front-end web browser performance analysis
• Very comfortable doing full-stack web development
• Knowledge of one or more web application frameworks
• Experience working in a startup environment on new projects
• Good communication skills
• Ability to learn new skills quickly

Desired Qualifications:

• Knowledge of HTML5, CSS and PHP5
• JavaScript, with knowledge of one or more JavaScript frameworks
• In-depth knowledge of scalability, systems engineering, design patterns, and algorithms
• Great product sense and design sense; excellent technical judgment and architecture experience
• Comfortable with QA and TDD or willing to learn about it
• Computer Science degree or equivalent experience

Benefits / Perks:

- Health benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Catered meals and team outings to food events around the city

About Us:

Cater2.me connects high quality local food vendors with companies and groups requiring catering. Founded in 2010 by two University of Pennsylvania, Wharton Business School alumni, Cater2.me was named 1 of the U.S. “Top 100 Companies Founded by Young Entrepreneurs.” Featured in the New York Times, TechCrunch, and 7x7, Cater2.me is a Bay Area startup that connects curated food providers with individuals ordering for group meals and events. Cater2.me is already the largest company of its kind and is growing fast with a strong base of food partners and clients throughout San Francisco and the South Bay. In 2012 the company expanded its operations to New York City. Our client roster includes: Yelp, Dropbox, Square & Twilio to name a few.

Why Work For Us:

Cater2.me is comprised of smart, ambitious and fun food lovers. Our team includes a diverse range of personalities and skills, from music aficionados to Ivy League educated finance folks to foodies with serious culinary experience. Our culture is collaborative, fast-paced, and driven. We want our employees to grow with us, and as an early member of our team, you will have the opportunity to be at the helm of change and growth within the organization.

We’re located centrally in the Financial District:

220 Montgomery Street
Suite 1020
San Francisco, CA, 94104

Press:

NYT :: 7x7 :: TechCrunch

For fastest consideration send resume to Stacie Ratliff (stacie {at} conneryconsultingllc {dot} com). Company will be reviewing resumes this week and scheduling interviews.