The East Bay Ruby Meetup Group Message Board › Senior Ruby on Rails Developer for San Francsico Bay Area
|A former member||
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
HitFix is a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth Internet company that rewards top performers. We offer a unique entertainment destination that includes breaking news, insider analysis and a custom-built event calendar application that has syndication opportunities.
We work hard but also have fun... especially given our industry - Movies, Music and TV!
HitFix is seeking to add an accomplished Sr. Rails developer to our growing team. The ideal candidate is extremely talented in Ruby on Rails, highly motivated, goal-oriented, and has been using Rails extensively in consumer facing web applications for more than a year.
Background and Experience:
• BS Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Advanced degree preferred
• Deep knowledge of Ruby
• Distributed source control experience with Git
• Experience with RESTful APIs
• Experience architecting scalable applications and sites
• Demonstrated and repeated success with a Ruby on Rails team as lead developer
• Experience using Rails for a consumer-facing web application
• Accustomed to Agile methodologies and test-driven development.
• Skilled in model design, controller construction, systems administration and you're fanatical about doing things the Rails way
• Other knowledge that is a plus – Capistrano, HTML/CSS/CSS3, Haproxy, Phusion Passenger.
• Prior work with an iPhone application is also a plus.
The other soft requirements are that you are a good fit for our team (can you learn from others? can you collaborate well?) and that you demonstrate that you can attack problems creatively and have a flexible mind.
This is a full-time position and you will be expected to work remotely from your home with occasional meetups.
The ideal candidate should think of herself/himself as a startup minded engineer ready to take ownership and make large, immediate contributions. You can truly think through the product and help in product decisions, design pretty and smart interfaces and are capable of tackling anything else that might come up.
The ideal candidate will also be able to execute on short and long term priorities to develop and grow a scalable website and related applications.
This Company was founded by two industry professionals with over 25 years of experience working in the online and entertainment industries. Funding has been secured and the Company is in the position to hire full time or freelance candidates. Company has a presence in LA, DC and Boston, but candidates outside those areas will be considered.
Salary negotiable dependent on skills and experience
U.S. based applicants only. No recruiters please.
Check us out at www.HitFix.com