East Coast Divers Message Board › Anyone familiar with diving from an Inflatable/RIB?

Anyone familiar with diving from an Inflatable/RIB?

Craig F.
user 16228911
Boston, MA
Post #: 5
Hi all...

I'm about to finalized the purchase of a used rigid inflatable. It is 13' with a center console and a 35 hp Johnson. Much of what I want to do is spend time in boston harbor and do some striper fishing along the New England coast and estuaries. And dive of course.

I've never been a salt water boater I want to make sure I can bling it out for fishing and diving and also make sure it's safe. The transom on this boat is largely taken up by the motor. It has a fiberglass hull and I guess anything can be glued onto the inflatable tubes. Obviously there are going to be many boat dives out of my reach, but it's also a great and stable platform in many situations.

Any suggestions about where to start? This is my only diving group so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post. I figured start with the experts, right?

Cheers and thanks,