Help support your MeetupChip in
Greetings. We are single and married people, including all ages of adults (we don't discriminate) who enjoy exploring the wonderful Bay Area of California. Our members range in age from 21 to 80+. We like people with a positive mental attitude. You are welcome to join us as we explore cool bars, restaurants, museums, vineyards, outdoor terrain, house parties, etc. We will also sprinkle in some community volunteer opportunities. We will leverage our group to receive discounts, extended happy hours, and other great perks that an individual cannot get.
This group is about helping out in the community, having fun, exploring the Bay Area, and meeting new friends while in a safe environment. By joining this group or remaining a member of this group, you agree to refrain from the list of inappropriate behaviors listed below while attending Explore the Bay events or visiting the Explore the Bay Meetup site. If you exhibit any of the following, you will be removed from the group:
• Sending spam emails to members to promote a business, event, etc. without permission of the main organizer.
• Sending emails to members they haven't met for the purposes of dating or picking up. This isn't a dating website.
• Being touchy or physical with another member (overly aggressive).
• Causing another member to feel uncomfortable based upon behavior OR comments (creepiness).
• Showing inappropriate pictures or content to other members at an event.
• Excessive gossiping about fellow members and/or creating too much drama
• Having a sense of entitlement and requesting organizers to volunteer too much of their valuable time.
• Excessive no shows. Note that jumping out of an event within three (3) hours of the start time will be marked as a no show.
• Stalking other members.
• Crashing an event without securing a spot.
Please have at least one personal photo for on your profile as we like to know whom we are communicating with. We hope to see you at an event in the near future. Besides you don't know what you are missing until you try it.
DISCLAIMER FOR EVENT ACTIVITIES AND SITE USE
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF THE EXPLORE THE BAY MEETUP GROUP. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE DO NOT DO BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ANY OF OUR EXISTING MEMBERS OR ON NEW MEMBERS JOINING THE GROUP. THIS SITE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF ITS MEMBERS. THE ORGANIZERS' OF THIS GROUP ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH ATTENDING AN EVENT WITH THE EXPLORE THE BAY MEETUP GROUP OR USE OF THIS SITE. THIS INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY AND EMOTIONAL DISTRESS. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF THE GROUP, INCLUDING IF YOU DECIDE TO MEET OUTSIDE OF AN EVENT. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THE "ABOUT US" PAGE, WHICH IS OUR GROUP'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ABIDE BY THEM.
6,514 Late Hikers
2,334 Young Professionals