addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Eagle River Camera Club Message Board › shooting location ideas

shooting location ideas

A former member
Post #: 3
Howdy,

Thought it would be fun to start a thread for us to check out when we are looking for some place to shoot but not sure where to go. We can all find new areas and new adventures that way.

A few of my favorites:
Independence Mine State Historical Park
Eklutna Spirit Houses just off the Glenn Highway.
Lake Hood for float planes, and great for those out of state guests.
Brehl G.
Brehl
Cameron, NC
Post #: 8
I like to drive the Seward Highway and pull over at the waterfalls, also locations to shoot the highway traffic from above.
Jims Creek is a great place, kincaid motorpark
Glen Alps
Seward Harbor
Alaskan Railroad company down by Ship Creek
Coastal trail
portage
Baxters Bog (lots of birds)

A former member
Post #: 10
Went to Matanuska Glacier tonight. 2 hour drive from Anchorage with great scenics along the way and a raft coming down the river
kaleigh
user 11683772
Eagle River, AK
Mt. Baldy
Eagle River Nature Center (and the drive to get there)
Highland Road
A former member
Post #: 27
Anchorage Municipal Greenhouse at Russian Jack Park. near corner of Debarr and Boniface. it is free
A former member
Post #: 2
I love to go down to the Russina River and take photos of the Bears and Eagles.
I have a great time also taking photos of the fishermen and fisherwomen from around the world...

Photo opportunities are great.. and the ability to talk to all those visitors.. from around the world is great!
A former member
Girdwood is fun. Virgin Creek Falls, Crow Creek Mine.

Talkeetna can be fun, too. McKinley from the deck of the big hotel is great.