addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Earthship Seattle Message Board › Legality of rainwater catchment

Legality of rainwater catchment

Dave T.
user 69555512
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
I may have given some "bum gouge" previously concerning rainwater catchment in the state of Washington. After further research I am happy to report that the law was changed in 2009, now it is perfectly legal to catch any water that falls on your parcel.

Here are the details from the Department of Ecology:
http://www.ecy.wa.gov...­

One legal hurdle down... Many to follow.
Dave T.
user 69555512
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
Oh, and the included rainwater calculator is very useful for Earthship design! Glad I found it; it is one fewer thing I have to come up with a calculator for to test Earthship feasibility.