align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
Suzie
accessgoddess
Group Organizer
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 127
I saw this film and it's really wonderful. It's funny and heartfelt and, even though you know the ending, it feels like a nail biter. Daniel Day Lewis does a remarkable job at portraying Lincoln, he makes him very human, very humble and very charming. I would be so pleased if our founding father had been such a wonderful man, I'm hoping the legend matches the actual history.

Anyway a shoo in for the oscar (I hope). Lots of people you'd recognize in the film, Tommy Lee Jones and James Spader both have good roles and Sally Field does a good job of putting some flesh on a fairly sympathetic Mary Todd.

Verdict: Go See it!
A former member
Post #: 211
Neither foreighn nor Indie nor, realy, a doc. However, I saw it, and I did like it.