~ East Bay Over 40 Singles ~ Message Board › Introduction To Top 40 Dancing Class

Introduction To Top 40 Dancing Class

A former member
Post #: 41
As you know, some of our group members love to dance on weekends in the different clubs in the area. We would like to have more members attend our dance parties, especially the new ones so that you can join us and enhance our group's dance spirit!

Some of you expressed interest in learning how to dance to Top 40 music. To help us plan for this one-time Intro to Top 40 Dance Instruction, please let me know if you are interested and what specific steps you would like to try or have the instructor show you.

Thanks and Happy Dancing!!!
A former member
Post #: 1
Kitti,

This is a great idea and a fun way to meet singles who want to learn new dance steps. Prior to moving to California I was a member in a swing dance club that met weekly. Unfortunately this particular style of dance (Carolina Shag) isn't common outside of the southeast US. I would be interested in taking this class and learning what dance styles go with Top 40 music. We may want to consider East and West Coast Swing, which are compatible with some popular music. However, I'm not sure if they fit with Top 40 hits. Thanks.
A former member
Post #: 2
Where are you thinking of going for lessons?
Judi
user 13600251
Vallejo, CA
Post #: 12
I'm deffinatly interested. I can't always keep up with the marathon dancers. A class
Would help me stay in shape and learn some groovey moves. :)
Judi
Nikki
user 10789198
Pleasant Hill, CA
Post #: 29
Kitti,

This is a great idea and a fun way to meet singles who want to learn new dance steps. Prior to moving to California I was a member in a swing dance club that met weekly. Unfortunately this particular style of dance (Carolina Shag) isn't common outside of the southeast US. I would be interested in taking this class and learning what dance styles go with Top 40 music. We may want to consider East and West Coast Swing, which are compatible with some popular music. However, I'm not sure if they fit with Top 40 hits. Thanks.
I d love to do this but my problem is I work long hours sometimes....so sat night or Sunday I can be counted for ......but great idea Kitty ....if any of those dancing events are on. Day off I m definitely in ;-)
Diane
DianeTBenicia
Benicia, CA
Post #: 3
I would certainly be interested in adding to my one move (and my sad attempts at the cupid shuffle) ;-)
Elmer
user 68225952
Union City, CA
Hi Kitty,

This is a great idea. I will make every effort to make it.
Anyone from Fremont area interested in commuting with me?
Jim
user 12368037
Danville, CA
Hello Kitty: Yes, I'm interested. I usually have a very busy week so it depends on the local and the day of week.

I appreciate this since it's probably the single reason I usually do not attend dance nights.

Thanks for asking :)
Kathy K
user 13555678
Dublin, CA
Post #: 18
Hello Kitty - This sounds like a great idea. Will this be FREE lesson or there is a fee like the Zumba class?

Kitty - I heard about this from a coworker, years ago, you may want to check this out. It is in Danville:
http://www.twoleftfee...­

This is not strictly ballroom dancing. It has hip hop and Zumba too ;-)
A former member
Two left feet and no rhythm, can this be fixed LOL....