~ East Bay Over 40 Singles ~ Message Board › No Show policy on an Unhosted event?

No Show policy on an Unhosted event?

Greg
user 54211152
Livermore, CA
Post #: 8
So, if I am the only one attending an event (Karaoke), should I rat myself out for not showing up (LOL)? I know I am stating the obvious, but is there any possibility about having a positive dialog and outcome on the No Show policy? I also would appreciate not being sensored as I am looking for a positive discussion here (solutions).

I have got to think that having a no show policy for stuff like Karaoke, Bowling and events not having a big impact on a small business are not a great use of the organizers/hosts time. Just a thought. I know calls ahead are made for some things to reserve spacing and those should be No show items.

Makes sense on places having to staff up or reserve space. I don't think Diablo bowl or Magoos do either.

Again, looking to spur good discussionbiggrin

Ellen
user 9551357
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 4
That's an excellent question Greg. And a positive one as well....
Dianne
remmiws55
Group Organizer
Walnut Creek, CA
Post #: 32
When we started the group, we did not count no shows for karaoke, bowling (non-reservation) events. When going through the no show list; that actually created more work for the organizers to decide what counted and what didn't. All we ask, as a courtesy, is for members to take a minute to update their RSVP should their plans change for any event. As noted in the January Newsletter; we manually went through and cleared all previous no shows, for every member, so they could start with a clean slate for the New Year. The trade-off, was that we would count all no shows for every event, reservation or otherwise.
Nikki
user 10789198
Pleasant Hill, CA
Post #: 30
I agree with Dianne just give us courtesy of taking minute to update your RSVP if your plans changed .I don't think its a big deal ....if we are not sure we van come we don't say yes ....simple as that .I love seeing lots of yes RSVP but honestly I d rather have 10 that I know and I can trust that those people are coming.Its all about reputation we build with businesses .....let a say Rsvp list say 27 I reserve 20 and only 8 show !!!!!#!# really ? If I had 8 to begin with and those show up I d be happy as a clam.....Respect and courtesy is all we ask for work we do .People that sign up to 20 different events with 20 different meetups they don't even remember what they sign up for .Not everybody is like me and you Greg if we say we gonna be there we made an afford to be there and if not we are responsible to cancel in time right ? Well we can only ask and what a gonna happen ....I think no show policy is great idea ....I personally love it ....just a note I know some groups with one no show and people are out .......Bottom line member don't pay for membership,don't pay to organizers to organize...all people do is check the calendar ...nothing like that is available outgrew for free ....it takes few seconds to cancel your Rsvp .....be good to each other ....love you all<3