Pit Bull Owners and Their Friends Pages
This group is mainly for Pit Bull and other bully breeds and their owners in the East Bay. We will host organized walks where we can show off how amazing these dogs truly are! All dogs are welcome, including dogs with some social issues. This is a great way to work on socializing your dog in a controlled and safe manner.
UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE IN THE EVENT DETAILS...all dogs must be on a leash (no retractable leashes or long lines). All prong collars must be backed up. Everyone will be respectful of each others pets and avoid leash greeting your dog(s) without asking owner's permission.
This is a non-judgmental environment where all levels of socialized dogs are welcomed. This is a great way to meet other Pit Bull owners and to make new friends! If you have a suggestion...please speak loudly and contact a person on the leadership team. We LOVE new places to take out Pitties. We ask that you get involved in the group. Make sure to log in and view the events coming up at least once every 6mons. If you choose not to, you'll be removed from the group. If you've RSVPed Yes to an scheduled , make sure to attend. 3 now shows to events will ban you from the group.
Even if you do not own a Pit Bull, but you believe in re-establishing this breeds reputation as the all American family dog that it truly is, PLEASE join us! We love to see owners with different breeds of dogs who still support the block headed dogs we all love.
A RSVP yes means that you have read, understand and agree with the following:
- I acknowledge that I and other participants may be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury to me, my dog(s) and/or guests, or someone outside of the group or some other animal, including permanent disability and death. I understand that these risks may be increased through my own actions, or through the negligent action or inaction of Pit Bull Owners & Their Friends participants, its members or other representatives. If I bring/invite a guest who has not released liability through the meetup group, I agree that I am solely responsible for their and or their dog(s) including their actions and safety. I will not bring a banned member as a guest. I understand that if I do bring a banned member as a guest, I may also be banned from Pit Bull Owners & Their Friends. It is highly recommended that each participant sign up for an event through the meetup site.
- I hereby RELEASE and DISCHARGE from liability Pit Bull Owners & Their Friends, the group organizer and walk organizers, their officers, members/other participants, sponsors, and employees; and owners and lessors of facilities used by Pit Bull Owners & Their Friends, from any and all liablility claims, demands or causes of action that you now have or may have in the future, for injuries, damages, death and/or economic loss of any kind or nature, arising in whole or part out of the activities advice or information contained herein, even if caused in whole or in part by their negligence.
- California Civil Code section 1542 states; “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” I specifically waive the terms of that section, and agree to Release claims that I may not yet know of, or which may be based on events that have not yet occurred.
- If I am allowing children under the age of 18 or any guest, to participate in this hike, I agree on their behalf to the terms of this Release. I agree that if, notwithstanding this Release, I, the minor, or anyone on the minor’s behalf, or my guest, makes a claim against any of the persons or entities Released, I will indemnify those persons and entities and hold them harmless against all expenses, damage or costs, including attorneys fees, arising out of that claim.
- You further agree that if you or someone under your supervision uses the information on this website you assume all risks of injury, damage, and economic loss, without limitation, and release providers from all liability therefore.
- Organizers choose locations and routes but it is up to you to decide whether the event is appropriate for you to attend. Ultimately you are responsible for your own safety.
- You acknowledge that the group organizer and assistant organizers for this group are NOT guides or trip leaders. We have no training or qualifications as guides/trip leaders. No are we certified dog trainers. Pit Bull Owners & Their Friends is a social group for organizing dog walks/hikes. Every walker is responsible for themself, their dog(s), their guest(s) and any event that occurs to or because of them.