|From:||Ruth L. Schwartz, P.|
|Sent on:||Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:10 PM|
This Saturday's class is fast approaching! These classes are always amazingly powerful experiences. People come in as strangers and leave feeling connected - both to their guides, and to each other. There is a lot of healing that can happen in these few hours!
We currently have 4 people signed up, which is right on the fence in terms of minimum class size. So, if you are one of those 4, please pre-pay by the end of the day tomorrow (Thursday) so that I know for sure that you're coming. You can send payment to me via Paypal using my email address, [address removed]. The class is $75. (If you do pre-pay and I end up having to cancel the class, I will, of course, refund your money right away.)
I'm also still looking for someone to videotape me at this Saturday's shamanic journeying class, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., in exchange for free admission. You don't need to have fancy equipment - an Iphone is fine :) Please let me know ASAP if you're interested!
If you haven't yet RSVPed but would like to come, or have questions, please do get in touch as soon as possible!
I will post the class instructions below so you can get more sense of the day.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Dear Shamanic Journeying Class participants,
I’m really looking forward to working with you this Saturday from 11:00-5:00! Here are some details and suggestions.
1) Time and place:
The class will meet at 6853 Simson Street, Oakland CA 94605. It’s a residential neighborhood, but there is plenty of street parking available.
A GPS will work to get you here, but Mapquest and Google Maps often get people lost, so rather than relying on them, please follow these directions. If you’re coming from the north, the best way to get here is to take 580 E toward San Leandro/Hayward, then exit at Edwards Ave and turn right. (If you’re coming from the south, you’ll need to exit at Keller, turn left on Mountain, go about 6 blocks, turn left onto Edwards, and then follow the rest of these directions.) Go about 6 blocks down Edwards, past a donut shop, and then take your 2nd right – that will be Simson. Stay to your left; the road will curve around, go uphill a little, then straighten out, and my house will be on the left. The numbers are on the mailbox and also on the gate covering part of the driveway. Please park on the street – wherever it’s wide enough – and then walk down the driveway to the front door (green door with multicolored tiles around it.) Please be on time! And if you get lost or delayed, please call me:[masked]-4542.
It’s also possible to come by public transportation. Take BART to the Coliseum station, then take a bus up Hegenberger, exit on Simson at the very top of the hill, and walk two blocks down Simson to my house. There is also a bus that comes from Berkeley.
2) Please bring:
- Lunch, plus whatever snacks you’d like to have throughout the day (I’ll provide tea and water.)
There is no place nearby to buy food, so please do come prepared with whatever you’ll want to eat! You are welcome to heat something up on the stove or in the microwave.
- Something to write with and on! (Laptop, Ipad, journal or plain old paper and pen, your choice.)
- Cash or check to pay for the workshop (if you haven’t pre-paid.)
Optional items to bring:
- One or more objects that feel sacred to you, to place on the altar for the day.
- A yoga mat or blanket if you’d like to be able to lie down for journeying. (You can also journey sitting on a couch or chair.
- A blanket or shawl to cover yourself with if you get chilly, and layered clothing to assure your comfort in our unpredictable Bay Area weather.
- A scarf or eye-mask if you’d like to cover your eyes. (Just closing your eyes is fine too.)
- A rattle and/or hand-held frame drum if you have one and would like to bring it (but don’t worry – I have rattles to share.)
- If there’s anything else that just seems to want to come with you, bring that, too. Trust your intuition, in other words!
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. I’m looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!
In the spirit of healing,
Ruth L. Schwartz, Ph.D.