East Bay Ski & Snowboard Message Board › Co Op rent Tahoe house for next entire season - save money

Co Op rent Tahoe house for next entire season - save money

user 10618877
San Mateo, CA
Post #: 6

Would anyone be interested in getting a group together to rent out a house (for the entire season next year) in North Lake Tahoe? If so, send me a message.

I have seen a couple of people do this in Craigslist.

> If you are planning on skiing a lot next season, you will have access to a nice house in Tahoe at a reasonable cost.

Here's how it works
> The organizer (me) will negotiate with a landlord to rent out his/her Tahoe house for the entire season
> Landlord would give a good break in the price as he is dealing with only one person and not multiple renters or an agency (think save on marketing fees).
> You pay a one time seasonal amount to have access to 1 bedroom either any time you want or on a schedule of maybe a percentage of the season.
> All participants are screened out by the organizer to be sure everyone is responsible, easy going and no drama.
> We save by avoiding cleaning fees by self cleaning after we leave.
> Details of scheduling would have to be figured out, but sure there is a way. Food and kitchen usage would have to be figured out.
> Note: if we have enough people, the bigger the house (more bed rooms) the less it would be for the participants.
> Organizer will be transparent to establish trust to the participants. In other words, to make sure I am not a scammer, you can visit me at my house, make a copy of my driver's license, see my Linked In profile, etc...whatever it takes to gain your trust.
> Organizer manages any issues

Overall, the model I described above seems to make sense for frequent skiers. I personally would like to have access to a nice house close to skiing.

For now, I want to get a list of names of those interested. If there is enough people, I will look into doing this and contacting landlords in Tahoe. I will also look for people on Craigslist.