East Coast Tent Crazy Cool Campers Message Board › New Meetup: Blue Moon Mexican Cafe in Bronxville Tuesday April 12th

New Meetup: Blue Moon Mexican Cafe in Bronxville Tuesday April 12th

Closed to new replies

Denise
CrazyCoolCamperD
Group Organizer
New Rochelle, NY
Announcing a new Meetup for East Coast Tent Crazy Cool Campers!

What: Blue Moon Mexican Cafe in Bronxville Tuesday April 12th
When: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:00 PM

Price: $2.00 per person

Why: This event is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society and its Relay for Life Teams...I have coupons that must be handed to your server which will identify you as participating in this program.

Let's enjoy some tasty mexican food and delicious drinks at the Blue Moon Mexican Cafe in Bronxville on Tuesday April 12th starting at 7pm. This event is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society and its Relay for Life Teams-- the restaurant will provide the team with 20% of receipts for dinner (not including tip, tax, or alcoholic drinks). I have coupons that must be handed to your server which will identify you as participating in this program.

It starts with the location. Visiting the beautiful village of Bronxville, with its old-world feel and Elizabethan architecture, is a pleasant experience in itself. I like to park a few blocks away on Pondfield Road, which makes for a nice stroll past the local shops before dinner, and afterwards allows you to walk off some of what I guarantee will be a very filling dinner.

One diner reports: In short, our food was excellent, not so sure that Buffalo Calamari is authentic Mexican cuisine, but the chicken & cheese fajita I had was delicious. Even the black beans & rice had their own distinct taste as opposed to just being a side dish over looked and left on the plate. The portions are big and we were nearly stuffed from just sharing the appetizer before the dishes came out, so we had some good sized doggy bags to bring home.

Another diner says: I ordered the steak and avocado wrap which was refreshing, flavorful and hit the spot... no cheese, no heaviness, just loads of flavor. It came with a little bean and corn salad and a slice of cantalope which i thought was inventive. My coworker whose birthday it was ordered the fiesta lime chicken which was fantastic with tons of grilled veggies, plenty of chicken and a good rice! You can taste the lime but its not overpowering. Then someone else had fish tacos which were overflowing and couldn't be wrapped it was so stuffed. He loved his.

The atmosphere was fun and resonated with not your typical mexican restaurant but more of an upscale mexican restaurant.

One more says: Blue Moon serves up some good sangria -- both red and white -- but the star of the drink menu is undoubtedly the frozen margarita. I've had margaritas in Mexico, Canada (I'd advise against having one there) and in cities across the United States, and I will make the bold statement that Blue Moon's frozen margarita is the single best I've ever had. The almost-creamy consistency is perfect, and the ingredients are excellently proportioned.

The food? You better come hungry. The complimentary chips are quite good, but springing for the delicious guacamole is a wise choice. But try not to fill up, particularly if you plan on ordering a burrito. Blue Moon's burritos are not meant to be picked up. There is no way around it: you're going to need a fork and knife for these humongous things. My personal favorite is the Camarones Tropical, a phenomenal burrito comprising shrimp, pineapple, black beans, rice, mango salsa and avocado, wrapped in a sun-dried tomato tortilla. The Fajita Moon burrito is also excellent, with strips of steak, peppers and onions, sliced avocado, refried beans and rice all wrapped in a flour tortilla. The burritos are served with guac and sour cream. And there is no shame in wrapping up the leftovers...because there will be leftovers.

Soo.... are you hungry yet???

For this event the restaurant is not taking any reservations, so we'll just meet in the bar around 7pm, and put our name down for seating.. meanwhile we'll enjoy the vibe, the music and the drinks!

Come join us and support your Cheap Eats Meetup Team doing the Relay for Life in May -- this will be an opportunity to support a good cause while having a great time!

See you there!

Check it out!