East County Aviation / Flying Meetup Group Message Board › Are there any pilots interested in a flying poker run?

Are there any pilots interested in a flying poker run?

Jodi
user 10194395
El Cajon, CA
Post #: 424
Hi all of you pilots and interested volunteers,

I'm assisting in a possible flying poker run, probably in May.

We'll be flying to all 5 local runways, probably starting and ending in El Cajon.

If you're willing to take up passengers let me know, especially how many and any cost involved.

Anyone not flying but willing to help hand out cards, please let me know that as well.

Reply if interested as a pilot or volunteer so I can contact you as I learn more.

The cost of the event TBD will include a poker hand and BBQ at the end.

Thanks,

Jodi
A former member
Post #: 6
Jodi,
I am game for volunteering, except the weekend of the 17th-20th of May.

Marco
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm in.
Jodi
user 10194395
El Cajon, CA
Post #: 425
Hi Marco, thanks for being willing to volunteer.

Great Bill, glad you will fly in this, do you have room for passengers?

I'll posts updates once I have them.

I read today Ramona's air traffic control will be closing down in beginning April 2013, so sad. That was one of our proposed stops. We'll have to alter our plans if the poker run is after its closure.

"The Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has reached the decision that 149 federal contract towers, including the one at Ramona Airport, will close starting April 7, the agency announced Friday.

The closures come as part of the agency’s sequestration implementation plan. According to a news release, 24 federal contract towers will remain open, as closure of them would "have a negative impact on the national interest."

Read more here:
http://ramona.patch.c...­