East Lansing International Travel Group Message Board › International Day of Peace 9/21

International Day of Peace 9/21

Kat S.
user 76684882
East Lansing, MI
Post #: 9
Hello everyone! Megan, from Hostelling International USA, our sponsor for this website, let me know about this great opportunity coming up this September 21st: International Day of Peace! (InternationalDayofPeace.org)

There is an initiative going on at HI hostels around the country called "Sleep for Peace"
At every hostel, $1 of every overnight fee that each guest pays will be donated to HI-USA's travel scholarship fund for disadvantaged youth. All hostels are also going to show a screening of a 32 minute video entitled The Day After Peace <http://www.youtube.co...­, about the establishment of International Peace Day (AKA "Day of Peace"). The screening will be followed by a facilitated discussion.

Of course, our group does not have to participate in the "sleeping" part of this initiative. We could simply meet somewhere to watch the film, discuss peace through travel (a topic I find extremely relevant to our group), and get together on this important day! Perhaps we could have each attendee donate $1 to the travel scholarship fund, to help build a culture of peace through travel.

Now, this is where I need you: I am training for an internship on Saturday, September 21st, the International Day of Peace. Therefore, I won't be able to lead this event. I am looking for interested volunteers who would like to be the leaders for this event. Megan and I can help with materials and planning, but I won't actually be able to be at the event or run it. Let us know!