East Pasco/Hernando Ukulele Club Message Board › Song list--February 2nd Jam

Song list--February 2nd Jam

Chyrisse
chyrisse
Group Organizer
Dade City, FL
Hello Ukers!

We had 25 PEOPLE at our January Uke Jam at Garage Mahal. Everybody had a great time and it was very successful. Our next jam will be on Saturday, February 2nd @ 1 p.m.  Please bring your music stand and books. It might be helpful to bring a book light for easier reading.

Format

We will try to warm up with a couple of three chord or "easy" songs (pls. see below). Then, we'll go through our set agenda of songs. We will then proceed in a circle as each person chooses and "leads" a song of his/her choice.  Yes, lead the count off and start singing! Any song from the book or beyond is fair game.  Since we have members at various playing levels, members have the choice to play along, sing, do both, or sit the song out. Please be respectful of the person's song choice and no griping, please! Everybody has different tastes. This is a good positive way to expand one's horizon and possibly learn new chords.

Per request, a member asked me to email out the February song list early. The songs are from "The Daily Ukulele" book. We are now using the "Leap Year" version of the "The Daily Ukulele" book. Please purchase it if you have not. Also, please bring hand-outs of any songs you want the group to play during the "Open Season" time. So, here goes!

Warm Up Songs

Hound Dog (Page 111)

King of the Road (Page 143)

Goodnight, Irene (Page 94)

(Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay (Page 90) Leap Year Edition AND found in Website under "More" and "Files"

This month's Challenge Songs

Mister Sandman (Page 161) Let's keep working on this one

Dream a Little Dream of Me (Page 69) And this one!

A Kind of Hush...Mike gave us this hand-out PLUS I uploaded it to the website under "Files"

"Open Season" Songfest!

Your choice....YOUR chance to pick a song or introduce a hand-out to the group..Please remember, you should know the song and how it goes :)

*** Also, if you want to host a jam session or want to offer music lessons, please let me know! I can create an event or send out an announcement.

Peace & Ukes!  Chyrisse

Larry D
user 58926802
Spring Hill, FL
Post #: 10
Wow...you have been busy. Looks like a great lineup of songs! I will sure make every effort to be there for this one. I have just about mastered the C cord and am working on two more....smile
Thanks!
Larry D.