East Pasco/Hernando Ukulele Club Message Board › June 1st Song List...Update/Reminder
Dade City, FL
Suggestions from members:
1. If you want to introduce a song to the group and offer a hand-out, it might be nice to post the song in advance on the website.
2. When it comes to the “Open Season” part of the jam, everybody gets to pick a song to LEAD. Please KNOW the song and not just “like” it. If not, pick a song you know or say “pass.”
FOR June 1st
1. Three Little Birds…Warm up! Let’s make it a challenge too (see special note below)
2. Under the Boardwalk…P. 245…Hey, it’s Summer!
3. Yankee Doodle Boy…P. 291…It’s almost that time of year!
4. Take Me Out to the Ballgame…P. 227…It IS that time of year!
5. Puff the Magic Dragon…in Leap Year Book (P. 284) BUT let’s try the version Gail uploaded to the website. Please download *pdf
6. San Francisco Blues….Leap Year Book (P. 294)…Gail R. or Jim needs to lead us on this one!
7. Norwegian Wood….Mike taught this last month so let’s try it again!
8. Just the Two of Us….*pdf download..thanks Jay ;-)
9. I’ll Be Three….*pdf download...per Cosmo's suggestion
***Guys, song input is always welcome. I usually put a few songs on the list early in the month and add a couple more later as suggestions roll in.
"Open Season" Songfest!
Your choice....YOUR chance to LEAD a song or introduce a hand-out to the group..Please remember, you should know the song and how it goes :)
Special note from Gail R.:
Let's consider trying to play some of the more simple 3 chord songs in more than one key. Win-win: We'll be growing musically and we can accommodate more comfy singing keys. Start "Three Little Birds" in C, then modulate taking the C, F, G progression to land on the G key and sing it it G C D.