East Pasco/Hernando Ukulele Club Message Board › Regarding "Moondance":

Regarding "Moondance":

Gail R.
user 40204432
Dade City, FL
Post #: 14
The lyrics that correspond to "And all the night's --- mag - ic seems to whis --- per and hush," etc. are well served by inserting a G7 between the Dm and Am. Not only is that what the sheet music in my Van Morrison anthology reflects, it forces the singer to slow down and put the proper number of beats in the measure. Just the syllable "whis" has 2 1/2 beats. There are two and a half beats between "hush" and the next word, "and." It might be helpful to check the sheet music on page 254 of the blue book. Even without formal musical training, one can glean a sense of timing from the spacing of the measures. (Every -time I - - - - touch - you.)

I don't always have to play what's written, but I try to avoid playing what's rotten (to paraphrase Jethro Burns.)

G7 between Dm and Am in: night's magic / whisper and hush / soft moonlight /time I touch / tremble inside / know how much