Hi, everyone. :-)
Now is the time to suggest books for the East Bay Book Club's meetings in 2011. I know you're all as excited about this as I am. That's why I've decided to make the announcement one week in advance rather on October 1, 2010.
With that, here are the rules for October 2010 - Book Suggestion Month:
- From now until the end of October 30, 2010 (because Halloween is the next day), you may e-mail me suggestions for one contemporary book (published after 1950) and/or one classic book (published before 1950 with timeless literary merit).
- For each book you suggest, you must provide me with the title, the author, and a brief description of the book (which you may write yourself or copy and paste from another source). If you do not provide a description of the book with your suggestion, I will reply back reminding you to do so.
- If you wish to change your mind about one of your suggestions (either cancelling your suggestion or replacing it with another), you may do so. You may change your mind on your suggestions as many times as you like before the deadline of October 30, 2010.
- If there is a book originally suggested last year that you would like to be considered for 2011, you are allowed to submit that to me as your official suggestion. (For reference, I will provide the list of previously suggested books in a subsequent e-mail.)
- If you suggest a book that someone else already suggested or a book that was already discussed in a prior meeting, I will let you know so that you may make another suggestion.
Although I've made every effort to make these guidelines thorough, feel free to e-mail me if you have questions or concerns, especially with situations I may not have considered.
With that, I look forward to your suggestions. Let's make 2011 another great year for the East Bay Book Club! :-D
Organizer, East Bay Book Club