Unlike many Meetup group organizers I am willing to respond to people from the outside who inquire about us posting events for them. The reason is I am part of a charity group that hosts fundraisers and any attempt I have ever made to get people involved from Meetup has fallen flat. Tens of thousands of members are out there - but organizers ignore e-mails about such events because they get so many.
Events this group does not want :
1. non-quality alcohol events (examples include getting a wrist band and drink specials all night or participating in sport related events while getting drunk)
2. large group singles ploys (show up to meet a room full of 100+ singles ... I think not)
3. Singles lectures - how to find a man or how to understand the everyday woman (not our intent)
4. Ongoing weekly events like sports, bingo, trivia, etc. Too hard to get my members to go and commit.
5. "Adult" in nature - have never received one but you never know. This does not include adult only nights at venue's normally available to everyone
6. Weekend getaways - not enough members would be interested (unless it is Disney and I highly doubt they would send me an e-mail)
So give it a try! I may not respond but I do respond to some.