addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

East Valley Writing Workshop Message Board › Events, Opportunities, and Workshops for Arizona Writers and Authors

Events, Opportunities, and Workshops for Arizona Writers and Authors

user 4198045
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Everyone!

I have good news! We are currently involved in a project with other community leaders to bring the local writer's scene to you – and to give you more visibility in the local community.

This project is the AZ Writer's Website - http://azwriters.word...­

You may be only mildly curious at this moment, so let me give you the details.

On this site, we will be listing all the writing and publishing opportunities in the local market that we lay eyes on – Such as the upstart magazine Four Chambers Magazine and their contest, and a regional sci-fi/fantasy convention Newspaper and E-zine, The WOD. We will also support any local opportunities you find – you can fill us in on the details here.

We also will list events and classes, such as a beginner blogging and freelance class run by Jenn Czep, and a trio of Poetry Readings and Open Mics next week on the 9th, 10th, and 12th.Once again, this is a community based service, and you can let us know of any events you hear of here.

We have a section to help local authors – So go ahead, take five minutes to help David Balzarini choose a new cover by voting one the ones you like best.

Are you interested in writing groups that provide other services or focus on certain areas? Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings. You can certainly talk to us about starting a meeting that fits your needs, or you can peruse other groups in the area. We have a partial list up, and will be adding to it as we have time. And of course, you can help us as well.

I'm still working on the site to add sections, make improvements, and gather up everything you want out of the local community. I'll give you the highlights next week, so stay tuned!

- Geoff