addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The East Bay WordPress Meetup Group Message Board › Links from July Meetup plus possible August topic

Links from July Meetup plus possible August topic

Sallie G.
SallieGoetsch
Group Organizer
Oakley, CA
Post #: 9
Here are some of the notes I took from the July Meetup

Smashing Magazine on WordPress Theme Frameworks (Contains links to most of the frameworks Noel showed us)

960 Grid System

Spectacu.la GPL Themes

WordPress PSD Framework

WP Remix Premium Theme (mentioned, not shown) This is the one with 20 different templates for internal pages, plus galleries, catalogs, etc. Since I own it, I could demonstrate it at a future meetup if people are interested. I'm not yet expert in it, since I've only just set it up. Customization of appearance is really something designers need to do themselves; all it really does for you is lay out the text.

Perhaps Ann could show us the back end of Thesis, also.
Sallie G.
SallieGoetsch
Group Organizer
Oakley, CA
Post #: 11
Forgot to add one set of links: Offline blog editors.

Windows Live Writer. It will try to get you to download a bunch of other stuff, which you may not want, so uncheck the boxes.

Ecto (for Mac OSX--not free, but not expensive).

These can be handy for anyone with multiple blogs, but also for your technophobic clients. I haven't used Ecto, but I believe that it, like WLW, can be used for editing both posts and pages. WLW shows you a preview with the theme layout, uploads pictures, lets you choose categories and tags and set the posting date. It doesn't let you do fancy things like add podcast media files, but you can't have everything--especially in a free product from Microsoft.

Cheers,
Sallie