|Sent on:||Sunday, October 20, 2013 2:14 AM|
Hello To Everyone!!!
And yes, I'm choosing to acknowledge a "weird" time marker, but it is for a specific reason, many will know/recognize ;) Those who don't?... We'll c'mon out and play some games and we'll tell you! ;P
Mostly, I want to say THANK YOU!!!! to all who come out and play with "Eastside Games with Friends" - without y'all, we would not still be 'round (we might be flat *hah!*).
This is simply a friendly reminder - two months ago group dues of $72 was paid by "yours truly" ;) I request a donation of like $1-$5 of those who want to / can afford it. I know everyone has a different financial situation and thus it is not at all required for participation in anything that we do. I'm just trying to "break even", if I can.
I would like to acknowledge those who have stepped up to make this group work better by hosting more playdays!!! Thank you! Thank you! A complete listing of all current playdays is here:
(1) Eastside Games with Friends Weekly Meetup continues every Tuesday at Panera Bread in Highland Hts awith a 6pm start. This one is "my baby" ;) People to have a tendency to arrive earlier - like at 5pm - so just come on over directly from work, grab a bite to eat, and play play play! Panera closes at 9pm, so we move the party to the back room at Denny's one block away. Some tend to come out to play only after the transistion to Denny's.
(2) Friday Night Gaming is PetePatrick's "baby". After trying out a couple of other places and days, it has finally landed on Every 4th Friday at Panera Bread (in Brooklyn/Cleveland) at Tiedaman and I-480 starting at 5pm. Panera closes at 10pm, so they head over to the nearby IHOP to continue their party. ;)
(3) Saturday Night Gaming ... and Beer! This is a fun little continuation of the Euclid Library (Michael G's "baby") gaming day which occurs every 2nd Saturday. We head from Euclid to Cleveland Hts to The Bottlehouse Brewery. A very nice find by Patrick, he and Eleanor host this playday that starts at 5pm! We have people who've shown up at late as 9 and others who leave as early as 7... this makes for a fun mish-mosh of gaming.
(4) Westside Games is held every 2nd and 4th Monday in North Olmstead at the Recess Games Store staring at 6pm. Patrick and Jennifer (aka "Jenn2") are the hosts here. And yes, this is still considered to be a part of Eastside Games... *silly giggles* There was a request of many "out there" that there be some Westside Playdays - Patrick really stepped up with this one for 2 Mondays (and 1 Friday Night Gaming as well) every month! Yay PetePatrick!
(5) Solon Southeast Gamers is happening every 4th Sunday of the month! Yes yes after many concerns over its loss, playdays in Solon are back!!! Judith and her husband have stepped up to host gaming at Panera Bread in Solon from 1-8pm. I used to host "Sunday Scramble" but had to drop it due to other commitments making my schedule too scrambled to be available on most Sundays for me to host this additional playday. Thank you both for being so willing so soon to host a regular event!
On that aforementioned note... My schedule is also making it difficult for me to find time to add playday game lists per meetup into "The Grand List o' Games We've Played :)" - as of this message, the lists are up to date as of Sept 10th. I will _try_ to update them through Sept 2013. I may (but no promises here) be able to keep it going through 2013 itself. I will be officially letting it go completely once 2014 "comes 'round on the g'itar." I think that with the lists as they are, and the mentioning of games played by attendees in their commentaries and reviews, and by the pictures that are taken and posted of the fun we are having, these should provide enough of a "basis" for people to know what kinds of games we play - which is to say - pretty much, just about, anything. ;)
See y'all 'round the game table! Happy gaming to all! Jenn