Eastside Games with Friends Message Board › Let's play boardgames online!

Let's play boardgames online!

Vaughn
user 3319069
Eastlake, OH
Post #: 407
Let's face it. Once or twice a week to boardgame is simply not enough.
So a few of us have been meeting on BSW to play Dominion, Power Grid, Saint Petersburg, Stone Age, 6 nimmt! and Can't Stop. There are also dozens of other board/card games available to play on the site.

The best way to get started is to visit this page and download the client.
I also recommend registering a name so we can find each other, chat and play.
Here's the link to get you started.
brettspielwelt

It's a bit daunting at first but if you hang in there you will find the site very rewarding.
You can look for players using the /whereis <name> command and even jump into a game room where your friends are playing to watch and chat by using the /hook <name> command.

Let's all post our names, tips and any questions you may have on this discussion board.

I hope to see you there!

vaughn325 (bsw handle)
Jeannette
user 10239314
Aurora, OH
Post #: 22
Great idea. I also play Ticket To Ride at daysofwonder.com. Hope to see people online!

JaaaaaZ (handle at bsw and daysofwonder)
Vaughn
user 3319069
Eastlake, OH
Post #: 408
I just found another boardgame portal called Yucata.

It's got some great games like Carcassonne: Hunters & Gatherers, Egizia, Fearsome Floors, Hey That's My Fish!, Masons, Pompeii, Roll Through the Ages, Saint Petersburg, Stone Age, Thunderstone, Thurn & Taxis, Yspahan and dozens more!

I hope to try it out after the meetup tonight. I especially want to play Thunderstone!

Vaughn (yucata)
Vaughn325 (bsw)
Laurie
laurie.c
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 5
Did you have any luck with it? I logged in to check this thread :P

I'm Elaur on yucata.
Elaur on bsw (i think)
Elaur on bgg
Laurie on isotropic although I can change my "name" whenever, it's my email that counts.