Jul 16, 2012 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Founder at HiveBrain Software, President at The Mindfulness Company, Attorney, iPhone Developer, CTO, CEO, Cat Juggler...
Mike could have presented at either the CEO series or the CTO series, because as the sole operator of his company, he wears all hats. Mike is a unique individual, having transitioned from Wilson Sonsini where he was a corporate attorney to building the first sideways keyboard email app for the iPhone (even before Apple) and continuing on to build several successful content applications for the iPhone.
He is going to talk us through some of the benefits and challenges of being a single person company. Some questions that we are going to ask (ok, I am going to ask):
- What does his development/deployment/testing process look like?
- How to manage customer feedback and translate that into feature requests?
- How does he prioritize new applications to build?
- How does he find new partners and work with existing partners?
- What are the biggest time sinks for a single person company?
- What are the best tools and services for increasing productivity?
- Is it smart to start a single person company and, if you do, what are the top 3 things to keep in mind?
This will be a Q&A style discussion, so bring your questions!