Welcome to the 'Eastside 40's 50's etc. in Willoughby, etc.' meetup group! Anyone over 40 years of age is welcome to join us to explore Lake County, far eastern Cuyahoga County, and nearby surrounding areas. No charge for Membership. We're about having fun, socializing, meeting new people and making new friends close to home as well as getting a closer view of our area.
What do we ask of you? 1) Post, and keep, a recent lone self-identifiable clear photo that shows your face on your group profile - a hat & sunglasses block us from being able to identify you. How else are we to recognize and greet you at our events?
We're glad you have an interest in this active social group. It's common to be nervous about meeting new people so we find it helpful if each member creates a profile; that way event attendees can know a little about the other members before meeting them.
2) Be friendly and polite to our members. We are an active social group NOT a dating nor a singles site. Our membership includes Individuals/Couples that are married in addition to Individuals that are single.
3) In this day and age of the Internet, for personal security reasons, we strongly suggest that you use only your first name and the initial of your last name when creating your Meetup Account. We do not accept monikers or just your first initial on your group profile.
4) If you’d like to volunteer to be an Event Host and schedule an event, please post that in the Suggested Box on our Home page. We appreciate your input as a member of the group. Remember that all of us here as organizers are unpaid volunteers.
5) Please keep in mind that we are a fun social group and are not for anyone's personal business development or marketing purposes. Those found to be here for such purposes will be removed from this group.
6) Inactive members are removed from this group. The whole purpose of Meetup is to actually meet up with people - isn't that why you're joining. If you don't make an effort to attend our events, that's totally up to you, but you will be removed from this group for "Inactivity".
We hope to meet you soon and welcome you to become part of something special that is happening with great people on the east side!