Paleo NYC Message Board › Deer Hunting Seminar with Jackson Landers

Deer Hunting Seminar with Jackson Landers

John D.
user 5767924
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 23
This thread is for anyone potentially interested in going down to Virginia for a deer hunting seminar.
----------------------------

Hi everyone,

If anyone is interested in learning the basics of deer hunting for food, Jackson Landers -- the Locavore Hunter -- is putting on two seminars this fall. It's located in Charlottesville, Virginia, and you'll learn about deer biology and ecology, gun safety, you'll do some target practice, you'll actually gut / field dress a deer, butcher it, and then eat it for dinner that evening. About 10 of us drove down there a couple years ago and had a blast -- see my photos of it here.

------------

Email Jackson Landers <jack.landers@gmail.com>

1. Weekend of November 26th
2. Weekend of December 10th

Plenty of spots are available for both classes. The cost is $380 for either two-day class and as always that includes all materials, use of rifles, shuttle transportation, lunch, wine, various expert instructors, etc. If anyone wants to round up a group and book a special class at a group rate, this winter is probably the last chance.

Anyone interested, please let me know right away to reserve a space. I'm also offering a free scholarship spot in the November class and perhaps in the December one as well. You can find the details about the scholarship here if interested. If anyone with a blog or other social media platform that can help me get the word out about these last few classes and the scholarship spot, I would appreciate it

-Jackson Landers
Rob M.
Iron.Chef.Rob
New York, NY
Post #: 21
Hey Folks,

I'm game! (or game hunter, so to speak)

Who's in?

Rob

Jonathan B.
user 12978994
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Hello,

I wrote him and told him I was interested already but if we can get a group rate I will help out with that. I will be meeting everyone in Virginia though because I am already here for work. Does anyone know how many people we need to get a group rate?

have a good one,
Jonathan
A former member
Post #: 6
I may be able to swing this! Going to try for the scholarship, but it might be doable if there's a group rate. I live in MD, so I'd just meet my fellow hunters in c-ville.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all,

I've just joined the meetup but I would love to do this. Either date works.

Cheers,

Richard
Israel
user 8040722
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 2
I'm going the 26th; no transport yet
A former member
Post #: 2
I'm getting the train on Fri/Mon (>6hr!) and staying at the Omni.