EdTech Silicon Valley Message Board › Time to support one of our own!!

Time to support one of our own!!

Chris
DrChrisDrew
Group Organizer
Redwood City, CA
We have one of the best EdTech meetup groups in the country. And the major reason why we have such a strong group is because of the amazing support that each member has shown on an individual level and as a community. Today one of our members has given us another fantastic endeavor to support. Bhargav Sri Prakash is a fellow education entrepreneur and he has launched his Kickstarter campaign just a few hours ago. He and his team are building a health education game, and he NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!

You can click here to support the campaign: http://www.kickstarte...­

Bhargav runs an exciting gaming company called FriendsLearn. I have seen them evolve over time and believe strongly in Bhargav's mission and company. They make Fooya - the food fight game that is rapidly becoming popular on facebook. Besides a great game, they are solving a huge global health-obesity problem by delivering a powerful education embedded in innovative ways within the entertainment, to teach gamers about diet-wellness. As an ed-tech entrepreneur, I share a passion for Bhargav's mission. And I suspect that many of you do, too!

Click on the link. Read the page. Learn some interesting stats about the world obesity crisis. Share with your friends.

If you want to contact Bhargav directly, hit him up at Bhargav@friendslearn.com

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

Chris
Sriprakash
user 67349012
Redwood City, CA
Post #: 1
Thank Chris and all of you at EdTech Silicon Valley for checking out Fooya and our campaign on Kickstarter! Really appreciate any feedback, advice, support and help in getting the word out about our mission. My team and I are really driven to address the global obesity crisis caused by a proliferation of highly processed, salty, sugary and fatty food. The facts are staggering and as many of you may already know, if current trends continue, it is projected that 50% of Americans will be obese by 2030. This is not just a problem in the US. The WHO estimates that over 30% of the world's population are dangerously overweight or obese. The human suffering and cost of healthcare to treat obesity related diseases like diabetes, heart disease, many types of cancer, osteo-arthritis, and many psychological conditions, creates a mission for my team to address this crisis by spreading awareness and education about diet-health-wellness, within highly entertaining game play. You can take a look at the existing version of Fooya at https://www.facebook....­ and even play the game to get an idea of what we do. Our Kickstarter campaign is as much about creating a movement and raising awareness, as it is about raising some financial support to help us continue on our mission. I would love to hear your feedback/suggestions and we hope you will join the Fooya revolution! Best regards, Bhargav