This group is for people who love to play volleyball and have a great time while doing so.
Hello, V-ball players. We play indoor volleyball for beginners to advance volleyball players. As the organizer, I am forming this group because volleyball is a sport that allows you to enjoy the physical activity and it's basically a fun way to exercise during the week. I want to keep active with volleyball, and as the group learns more, maybe we can challenge ourselves with doing more advanced skills and games, but most of all have fun doing so.
Our Club's Mission Statement
1) Provide YOU a great volleyball game
2) Maximize your court time and minimize your costs
3) Create a fun and social atmosphere
All skill levels are welcome to participate.
Pre-pay with Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org or with an Interac e-Transfer to email@example.com to guarantee yourself a spot. If you pre-pay the day of a game, print a copy of your receipt and bring it with you. If for some good reason you can not pay in one of the for mentioned methods please bring exact change to guarantee yourself a spot. If you pre-pay the day of a game, print a copy of your receipt and bring it with you. Dress appropriately. All players MUST HAVE A CLEAN, NEVER BEEN WORN OUTSIDE,NON-MARKING PAIR OF SHOE to play in the games. This means that the shoes you worn to the gym must be changed.
When games are fully booked and there is still people on a waiting list. All players that have rsvped that they will be going to that event, must pay for that event before they can attend the next game said person wishes to attend.
This will hopefully stop any people from becoming the, "No Show" and give everyone equal chance to play.
1) There is no kicking of the ball. If someone should kick the ball the point goes to the other team automatically. Kicking the ball is anything from the knee down on the leg.
2) The person closest to the line will call the ball in or out of play when the ball hits the floor anywhere close to the line. (Keep in mind friends that this group is about fun first. If you should disagree with the person that is closest to the line, let it go and keep the fun going.) If that person should not see where it hit the floor than and only than can someone else call the ball in or out.
3) If anyone wishes to bring their own ball to a game. They must bring the ball to the organize FIRST to get approval to use it on that day.
4) There is only a soft spike to be done in any of the games. Anyone using a hard spike will be warned to not to spike the ball hard.
5) Anyone who should be lucky enough to get the ball through the basketball net on the oppositions side will automatically score 2 points for their team.
To ensure a fun and positive atmosphere on the court I have outlined the following “General rules of conduct”.
- Respect your fellow players by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Respect the organizers who take the time to post, set-up and manage this group.
Think before you speak
- Not everyone is at the same level of play and pointing that out constantly makes for poor team work. Even the best players have their weaknesses.
– If you are not a people person or are generally grumpy and not happy, please do not join…..we want positive people who enjoy the game and have fun playing it.
***If for any reason you find you are not able to follow these rules, then this group is not meant for you.
***If the organizers are fielding constant complaints for a player we will inform them of the issues and ask for a change in behavior. If nothing changes we will ask that player to leave the group.
: Mark your property with your name and phone number.
I advise against bringing expensive items. Organizers accept no responsibility for your property. The organizers are under no requirement to pick up personal items that are left after a Meetup.
: Activities this group are involved in can be risky. Every year people are hurt playing volleyball due to lack of stretching, uneven or slippery ground, people breaking the rules, improper or no shoes, etc. . Event organizers and leaders are regular people like you and I. We are not professional hosts, you are responsible for yourself. By signing up for an event you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for your own safety and will do the necessary research to understand the conditions of the event and the gear you require. Anyone choosing to play volleyball with our group should carry personal medical insurance and consult with their doctor about the advisability of playing volleyball. There have been ankle sprains and such over the years and there will be more. But whatever injuries that take place are the responsibility's of the players and not the organizers.
By participating in any event, outing or pickup game, organized or communicated through this site or not, you and your heirs agree to indemnify and hold harmless any and all participants, organizers, co-organizers, hosts any other person or persons affiliated with or attending any such group or event, including any party at cause or at fault or not, against any and all claims of damages or injury to property, body or health, including death, of any person, from any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, or proceedings of any kind or nature. By participation you and your heirs assume all risk of injury to your person and property that may be sustained in connection with any activity in and about any location or by any party affiliated with this meetup group, event sponsor, organizer, co-organizer, host or attendee. By your participation, you agree fully to these terms, fully understand its terms, conditions, and meaning. You further agree to practice and display good sportsmanship at all times.
Section [2.1] of our Terms of Service states that the Meetup platform is available to anyone who is at least 18 years old.
Thanks for reading this. If you have any suggestions contact me.
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Wednesday, June 3, 2015 7:30 PM
Monday, June 8, 2015 7:00 PM
Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:30 PM