The Edmonton Libertarian Meetup Group Message Board › Atlas Shrugged

Atlas Shrugged

A former member
Dear Fellow Libertarians:

Despite the very short notice about the unexpected change of venue, we not only had the largest number of attendees ever - I think I can truthfully say that it was a blast for everyone who was there.

We exchanged ideas and - often controversial - opinions about a variety of subjects in a very informal setting: Ayn Rand, Ron Paul, US foreign policy, monetary policy, and the Canadian Libertarian Movement were but a few of the issues we touched on.

It would be nice to maintain and maybe even improve on the momentum.

For this purpose, a few of us hatched the idea of organizing a movie evening.

As some of you know, Part I of the "Atlas Shrugged" Movie is going to be coming out on DVD in early November. I ordered it as soon as I was informed about its release date.

I therefore propose to arrange for a viewing in early December at our place, probably on a Friday evening.

I would be very grateful for those who would be interested in joining us to let me know, so I can have an idea as to how big the crowd would be. The screen is big enough (72 inches), so you won't have to bring binoculars.

Please email me (TheLibertarian@pobox.com) if you are interested, and I keep everybody briefed about the actual date and time of the event.

Yours in Liberty,

Oliver

http://www.libertaria...­

Twitter: @LibertarianThe

TheLibertarian@pobox.com