addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Edmonton Linux User Group Message Board › Time to reboot?

Time to reboot?

A former member
Post #: 1
One of the many things I enjoy about Linux is that it is stable to the point that I seldom need to restart/reboot the system.

I'm preparing to move to Edmonton, and so far I don't see much activity in the local Linux community. This group and < http://elug.linux.ab....­ > seem to be mostly forgotten.

Is everyone so satisfied with Linux that they don't feel a need to support each other? Even if so, I'm sure we could help spread the word to nascent users.

Is anyone else interested in upgrading meetings from ad hoc to a regular schedule, perhaps monthly?

Best
- John
TriHermes
rhopgood60
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 20
I would like regular meetings. Both to socialize with other users and to learn/get help with linux.
Jack
user 23105661
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 24
And I would also be open to meeting with people like yourselves regularly (preferably at least weekly now that I'll have more time in the summer), I actually have yet to see a Meetup event posted by this group...

Oh, and as a geeky side note, my audio quality goes down the longer I go without an Ubuntu reboot...
Chris L.
user 66846302
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 1
We did a coffee meet up a month or two ago. I'd defn be up for another meet up. I'm home on the 1st. Any chance we could do it after that?
Chris L.
user 66846302
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 2
So whats the consensus? Anyone wanna do another meetup? sometime in the next two weeks would be great for me :)

UDL