addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Edmonton and Area Skijoring Enthusiasts Club Message Board › Places to Skijor

Places to Skijor

Lee
user 13612806
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 1
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the best places to skijor in or around Edmonton. I went have been to Goldbar a couple of times, but it is rather busy with traditional skiers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee
Kelly
user 6908281
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 38
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the best places to skijor in or around Edmonton. I went have been to Goldbar a couple of times, but it is rather busy with traditional skiers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee

Hi Lee, Hermitage Park has a dedicated Skijor/KickSled loop (a short one). That is also where this NAMA event will be held Sunday. Will post directions ASAP.

Kelly
Lee
user 13612806
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 2
Thanks!
Carrie
mulhollandca
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 4
Goldbar like you mentioned, they have lessons pretty much everyday of the week starting at 6:30. They wrap up around 8:30 and its nice and quiet then. Millcreek ravine is a really popular off leash area where people skijor, they do have tracks but they're not the best. And you can go in most golf courses, I know the ones along the river valley have tracks set and I see people all the time. I have gone with my dogs off leash, we haven't had the chance to go again (this is mostly east of downtown). If you don't care if a track is set most the trails along the river valley are used for crosscountry, people just set their own track I guess.
If you are close to the east end of town and have time there are a bunch of places, elk island park, waskahegan and as already mentioned black creek have tracks set and dogs are allowed.