The Edmonton Hiking/Walking Meetup Group Message Board › NEED NEW ORGANIZER.

NEED NEW ORGANIZER.

A former member
Post #: 20
The cost is $72 every 6 months (I'm an organizer for another meetup group, and that's what we pay). Ideally, the organizer pays up front, and the meetup members chip in to help pay for it if they can.
A former member
Post #: 4
I would like to thank Sarah for stepping up and becoming an assistant organizer. It's nice to see a few members checking the messages and keeping posted aswell. It seems that there is a small core of people here who are more then just people who have signed up as members never to check back again.
I've been watching the post since I've joined. Anxious and curious to see when and what the group will do.
Depending on the weather and how fast the river valley dries out I would like to get a spring walk going in the next few weeks. Its also nice to have the longer days now.
Also about the $72 for each 6months, I would be glad to chip in $10 or $20 to help out. It's not fair to anyone to have to pay the fee for all.
I think this group may have some growing pains at first but hopefuly we will have a few good meets this summer and it grows from there.
Talk to you guys later, Dan
A former member
Post #: 22
$144 bucks a year, yikes!

To be honest, that is a bit suprising. Although the sum is relatively small the context makes it huge. Nevertheless, I am in for $20. Heather are we in arrears on paying?
A former member
Post #: 23
I'll chip in too, Heather (sorry, just realized I didn't say that earlier!!!)... maybe you could email us with an address so that we can send you a cheque?
A former member
Post #: 21
well the cost is a big issue for me but if people are willing to chip in that is great. i guess i can still be the organizer for at least a few months, also it is nice to see interest in this group agian. i will not be able to make many hikes until school is done in april due to final exams and to much workload but after that i feel i can re-focus my attntion o n the group. thanks sarah for putting this saturday walk together. i will work something out on the nubers so people are contributing equally. thanks again