addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Edmonton Hiking/Walking Meetup Group Message Board › WANTED: Child carrier backpack

WANTED: Child carrier backpack

A former member
Post #: 40
We're in need of a child carrier backpack so that we can take our daughter (14 mths) on hikes with us... if anyone has one that they are looking to sell, or can recommend a good brand/style, we'd love to hear from you!

Cheers,
~Sarah
A former member
Post #: 26
As an anecdote, I remember carrying my son in one of those. He invariably would fall asleep with the rhythm of walking. That was not a problem until he got to be about 25lbs and then his sudden shifting weight - to the left or right - would nearly knock me over.

Have you tried the various sport swap facilities in town? Given that the fit a relatively narrow age range of child, they are probably always coming and going.
A former member
Post #: 41
I'm not familiar with any 'sport swaps', I don't think (unless - is that what they have at Totem Outfitters in the back?) Could you recommend others that you know of?

Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 27
Totem is one. A simple google on used sports equipment in Edmonton yields....

Play It Again Sports 220 Manning Cross NW, EDMONTON, AB T5A5A1, Phone: (780) 448-1251

AllSports Replay - New & Used Sports EquipmentThe Experienced Sports Equipment People. New and Used Sports Equipment. ... Edmonton, Alberta T6C 2X9. Tel: (780) 440-4835

I think there are a few others in town as well....
A former member
Post #: 44
Thanks, Phrank... I did google it (google is always my first stop! lol!) but it's sometimes nice to have recommendations from people who've used a store or had a good experience with service.

Thanks for checking for me! smile