The Edmonton Hiking/Walking Meetup Group Message Board › Christmas Get-Together???

Christmas Get-Together???

A former member
Post #: 24
Hi Everyone,

**GASP** I know it is too early to talk about Christmas just yet, however, it really is not that far away. smile

December is a busy time for everyone with Christmas parties, family, friends etc., so I am curious to see if there is interest in having a get together and if so, please indicate a time frame (November, December -- weekends, weekdays), ideas and maybe we can pull something together. It definitely does not have to be elaborate or expensive -- just a little something to wish each other "Happy Holidays"

I look forward to your thoughts!

Tannis
A former member
Post #: 147
Depending on the specific day, Tuesday and Thursdays work best for me. I would suggest something low key, may be a drink downtown'ish?
A former member
Post #: 1
I agree with something low key. I think The Globe downtown (109 street and just south of Jasper) has drink/food specials on Thursdays. Or if we want to go to Whyte Ave there's a nice lounge in the basement of Yianni's with the Yianni's menu and lots of room. Whyte Ave and approx. 104 street, if I remember correctly.
A former member
Post #: 2
All your ideas sound good to me. I have camera club meetings on 2 thursdays a week and would prefer to go on a non-club thursday.
erika
A former member
Post #: 180
I suspect - like all good intentions around this time of year - that everyone is a wee bit too busy pre-Christmas. Therefore, let's look to some outdoor events after holidays.

It is a bit early, but have a great holiday everyone! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and other good wishes from the deepest and darkest bit of winter.
A former member
Post #: 26
Indeed, life has been busy for me, more than I had anticipated. To all of those that attended the events that I had created, I apologize for not being able to attend. I have had some tragedies that I have been dealing with in the past month and a half, but I look forward to continuing on with the group and organizing more events.

Wishing you and yours the Happiest of Holidays and a fantastic New Year!
A former member
Post #: 187
Unfortunately this Christmas seems to have been extremely busy and eventful. Sorry to hear that you had some challenges Tannis; nevertheless, I am looking forward to (finally) seeing you on the trail. In the meantime, best wishes to you and your family.

Cheers,