addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Edmonton Hiking/Walking Meetup Group Message Board › Who will take over? My Thoughts...Your thoughts...

Who will take over? My Thoughts...Your thoughts...

A former member
Post #: 17
Hi. My name's Clara and I have only done a couple of walks in the last six months or so but have always enjoyed the companionship very much on any of the city walks we've done. I wouldn't want this group to "die!" as it seems to have grown exponentially and I have the sense many healthy relationships have been established.laughing But I know Frank has done his share and has even generously offered to pay for the group until March or so to keep it alive.

The reality is that I could never be in Frank's league with running the group, he's connected, he's active, he's a fantastic communicator and he never drops the ball. Unless it has been established in recent meetings as to who will be the site watchdog and organizer, I would be happy to take on the job for a few months. But I will unlikely be able to make quite the same commitment as Frank. However, I DO believe in the group. And with Assistant Organizers doing their usual thing, perhaps I could be your Interim Orgnzer. Would that be alright with everyone?

If so, I would suggest to you to keep letting me know what you expect or want to participate in. I have a couple of ideas for sponsorship but would have to work toward attaining that. Until then, we should be willing to collect fees from members in some fashion as we transition in the spring, which should be a drop in a bucket for the many members there are, but is substantial for one person to pay.

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­---
Your thoughts are most welcome and this message is not meant to interfere with any other plans which are well under way to transition the group to a new Organizer.
A former member
Post #: 279
Hello Clara,

A bit shame-faced, looks like I am back... at least until March.

Please work with Bob, Barb, Linelle and Darlene. They have some great ideas for the group to move it forward.

Cheers,
A former member
Post #: 290
Oh! So glad to see you back, even if just for the time being.
I had thought about stepping up as organizer when there wasn't going to be one, but really, like Clara, I just don't think I'd be able to do the great job around here like it was!
I also don't have a credit card, and would feel actually like a real jerk if I took over until March, at the expense of someone else, then backed out due to the no credit card issue.
I've also been so busy... I'm now a single mom of soon to be 4 little ones and dealings with the ex are just NOT good at all. I'm trying to totally avoid his major issues, but lately I've just been so busy, and with school in and no one to stay with the kids for an evening walk, well, it's just a little difficult.
I'd be sorry to see the group gone as well, so thank you, Frank, and all the others that step up and help to run this group!