The Edmonton Hiking/Walking Meetup Group Message Board › Should Chantal join the group...

Should Chantal join the group...

A former member
Post #: 280
I received the following email from Chantal asking about the group. I will post the question and response here as there may be others with similar queries.

Hello Chantal, feel free to join the group. Some of the organizers run Thursday evening walks as well (currently on a bit of a winter hiatus). For Sunday activities, please read the message board about equipment, etc. I would suggest starting with a an in-city hike and then go on the longer walks.

Please note that I will post this on the group's message board as well.

> Subject: A message from someone interested in The Edmonton Hiking/Walking Meetup Group
> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 19:02:45 -0500
> The following message was sent to you by a Meetup member (Note,
> they're not a member of your Meetup Group.)
> ----------------------------------------­------------------------
> Hi
> I enjoy walking and cycling, skiing and every other activity
> listed in the information about the group, however, I only have the weekends to myself. I would very
> much enjoy going on walks for exercise with some new faces.
> Please let me know if I would be able to join this group and if
> weekends are your usual meet times. Thanks.
> Chantel
Bob R.
user 7398756
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 3
The Thursday evening walks were only suspended for a few weeks over the holidays, and are now back on track, starting today.
We have been taking Saturday morning walks, and they have resumed for the new year as well, starting this week.
In addition, there is a different Meetup group called "fit & active 55 plus" with a number of members in common with our group, which runs in-city walks every two weeks or so, usually on Sunday afternoons.
Check our event schedule regularly, as there may be some interesting new events posted in the future.