The Edmonton Hiking/Walking Meetup Group Message Board › Beyond Waskahegan Trips - Off Trail
|A former member||
WTA will be offering a series of 'Beyond Waskahengan' trips this year which are listed in the bottom of this email/post.
Please note that you registration for the trips opens at the WTA AGM. All good trips and likely to fill up fast. Open first to WTA members and guests and then the general public, so a great time to join!
Beyond WTA Trips
1. Coyote Lake Natural Area + more = a full day of hiking with free bus, 48 seats available, Saturday June 6.*
2. Lake Louise hiking trip Monday June 15 to Thursday June 18 staying 3 nights at the Lake Louise Alpine Lodge hostel, 4 beds to a room. There is a minimum 10 & maximum 20 places available. Food is your choice to bring or eat at the hostel café. *
3. Pembina River Provincial Park + more = full day of hiking Saturday July 25, with a minimum of 10 & maximum of 30 places available.
4. Muskeg Creek Park next to the town of Athabasca , 142 km north of Edmonton, 20km hiking trails by the Muskeg Creek near the Athabasca River Saturday August 15.with a minimum of 10 & a maximum of 30 places available.*
5. Stettler Steam Train/Big Knife Provincial Park Saturday September 19 = morning hike at junction of the Battle River and Big Knife Creek , then to Stettler where the train leaves at 2:30 with an on board interactive play and dinner in Big Valley, returning 8:25pm for $103.95. There is a minimum of 20 for the group train rate and maximum of 40 places available.
*Note: More information and sign up available at the AGM April 3 with priority given to WTA members and guests. Reserve yourself a spot for these events at the AGM, first come, first served!
Edited by User 3,531,718 on Mar 7, 2009 3:53 PM