addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Edmonton Hiking/Walking Meetup Group Message Board › Re: evening walks

Re: evening walks

A former member
Post #: 2
Are there any evening walks that start later than 7pm? I find I just dont have time after dinner to go at that time...but I really wish to.
Barbara T
user 9512542
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 4
I live in Millwoods and like to go for later evening walks but feel intimidated going alone. So if you live close enough, we could set something up at our convenience. And anyone who lives in South Edmonton could also join us if they are interested.
A former member
Post #: 3
I live in the West End, but am right off Whitemud so its not hard to meet somewhere in the middle. Isnt there trails just off whitemud heading south?
Barbara T
user 9512542
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 5
I live in the West End, but am right off Whitemud so its not hard to meet somewhere in the middle. Isnt there trails just off whitemud heading south?

I don't think it is a good idea to walk on 'trails' at night unless they are well lit. I am not interested in driving too far late at night for a walk. I think you should try to find a 'walking pal' closer to home and stay on well lit streets in your area. Another option is 'Mall Walking'. West Edmonton Mall is an excellent place to walk the mall and you can even do this yourself if you can't find a walking companion close to home.
A former member
Post #: 1
There are lots of trails out in the west end if you know where to look.

There are some nice trails out at the Clifford E. Lee nature preserve (5 km.), the Wagner nature area (1 km nature walk), Chickakoo recreation area (up to 10 km, easy - hard) and some really beautiful trails out at Devon (easy - very hard, up to 12 km.).

I wouldn't recommend any of them for nighttime hikes, but they are all really nice for a Saturday or Sunday.

I go up to all of them sometimes, and I'm often looking for hiking buddies. The Meetup evening events don't work for me, and I've only managed to get to a few of the Saturday ones.