The Pre-Fringe edition of our monthly social brunch is going to be extra special.
We've partnered with Fringe Theatre Adventures to have a 1st Time Fringers workshop at our brunch. If you're new to the Fringe or a wily veteran, 3 volunteer presenters will tell about their experiences and how they see 50-75 shows/year at the Fringe...yes, you read that right -- 50-75 shows over a 10-day period!! 4 of us went to this workshop last year and the experience blew open the lid of possibilities for fun @ the Fringe.
More info about the workshop below. (members attending this event get a fabulous tote bag which includes a festival program, a ticket to any performance and other goodies!)
The Pre-Fringe Brunch Agenda
11am - Arrive at the Accent Lounge
11-11:30am - Welcome, some socializing and order food
11:30am - 1st Time Fringer presentations start
(The kitchen at Accent is fab, but serving 40+ meals at once will be challenging. Meals will be served in a staggered manner during the presentations. If needed, have a morning snack before heading to the AL)
12:30pm (approx) - Fringe show discussion for 30 mins or so.
- This year's program will be released on Aug 6th - online and paper form
- If you have time, do some research to identify 1-2 interesting shows
- We'll do a hockey pool draft style discussion to identify some shows with specific date/time to post and event on our Club site.
- Usually, if you propose a show for us to see you host the event too.
- Don't worry if you haven't hosted an event with us before. We have Event Hosting Guidelines that explain the simple process + we'll partner you with a veteran event host to share the fun with you!
- Our aims with this discussion are:
- Have a starter set of shows on our event board
- Enable members that are interested in participating as Event Hosts with our lovely Club.
The First Time Fringer Program
Everything you wanted to know about the Fringe but were afraid to ask!
With more than 1,650 performances of 219 different productions, the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival never fails to deliver a show to appeal to every taste. During the Festival, Fringe patrons are immersed in an array of busking acts, children’s activities, vendors and artisans. Among all the commotion, choosing what shows to see may seem like a daunting task. But before you give up, consider attending one of our First Time Fringer sessions.
Presented in partnership with Chapters-Indigo, the First Time Fringers Program is designed to help you navigate the Fringe Festival Program Guide and Festival site in order to make the most of your Fringe experiences. Whether you are a brand new Fringe patron or someone who has attended the Festival but never ventured beyond the outdoor offerings, the Frist Time Fringer Program will open your eyes to everything the Festival has to offer.
Session led by experienced ‘Fringers’ from the community.
All attendees receive:
- Voucher redeemable for one complimentary ticket to a 2013 Fringe show of your choice
- Chapter’s Tote Bag
- Festival Program Guide
- $20 Gift Certificate to Chianti’s Restaurant
This special session of the First Time Fringers Program is brought to the Edmonton Theatre Goers Club courtesy of Fringe Theatre Adventures.