EdTech Meetup CO Message Board › What do you think? How are we doing?

What do you think? How are we doing?

Mark P.
user 29751832
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
Hi everybody!

I was just going over the agenda for November's meetup and realized that it's been a year since Dan and I held our first meetup. Wow! Time flies and all of that. In the last twelve months, we've hosted an equal number of events in Boulder and Denver (Big shout out to West Denver Prep, Scrib, TFA, and Donell Kaye Foundation for hosting!), helped organize a Startup Weekend EDU, sent Dan off to startup glory in San Francisco, signed up nearly 300 local members, added Clare Macmillan and Janet Tworek to the organizing team, and hopefully helped contribute to a robust dialogue about Education and Technology in the Front Range.

Janet and I have been connecting with Meetup leaders around the country in the hopes of continuing to provide a meaningful experience for meetup attendees and presenters. And so we turn to you. We sent out a survey several months ago, but only received a few responses. Please use this thread to voice your opinions. Our group sign-ups continue to grow while our event attendance continues to dwindle. That tells me that we're not doing something we should be doing and so we're asking for help.

What should we keep? What should we change? Would bigger, paid events on a quarterly basis be more meaningful? Help us understand where to take our meetup in year two. Thanks in advance for your input and suggestions!