addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Educelerate LA: EdTech Meetup Message Board › MeetUp Last Night and Future

MeetUp Last Night and Future

Todd M.
user 59615532
Santa Monica, CA
Thanks to everyone who was able to attend our initial Meetup last night, and to Brent for hosting.  Clearly there was enough passion, energy and knowledge in the room (or Big Top, I should say) to propel this community forward.  For a second event - perhaps Oct 25 - I was thinking of a more formal panel discussion as part of the evening.

What are your suggestions?

-- Todd

Brent B.
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 2
Great time last night! Thanks so much for organizing Todd.

We'd be happy to host again at Two Bit on 10/25. A more formal panel would be great! We'll have more chairs by then and could setup a projector or two for presentations.

All the best,

Todd M.
user 59615532
Santa Monica, CA
Post #: 1
This infographic might open up some ideas...

Cynthia L.
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 2
Thanks again for the event, the great hosting location and intriguing event.

I'm new to Meetups like this, but I'd like to invite members to contact me if they would like to do a guest blog or be considered for a spotlight in our our "Funwise" page at, which we refresh about once a month.

Also, I'm not sure where to post this information for Educelerate members to see, but below is a link to the "Bag The Web" resource links from our website archives:

100 articles in @BeCyberwise Games & Learning Archives @BagTheWeb |­

In the above referenced site, you will find more than 100 articles from our aggregated collection on the subject, with topics such as:

@MindShiftKQED: Where do Educational Games Come From? |­

@thebyard: Gamification: 75% Psychology, 25% Technology­ via @thebyard
[Gamification guru Gabe Zichermann on how to make applications addictive]

@gamestarmech: Gamestar Mechanic uses fun, game-based quests and courses to help you learn game design and make your own video games with an online course! http://gamestarmechan...­

@HuffPostEdu: Can Video Games Help Your Kids?­

Can't wait for October 25th to do it again :)

user 13432762
Northridge, CA
Thanks for putting this together, Todd!

Animo Ralph Bunche, one of our @GreenDotSchools charter schools is hosting a Career Day on Wednesday, October 17. If anyone is interested in sharing or sitting on a panel talking about education technology or any other technology-related jobs in general, our students would be forever grateful! Please email me if you are interested. Contact me via my website:­
Tyson B.
user 41422222
Los Angeles, CA
I really enjoyed the meetup last week. Very inspiring and I know we only scratched the surface!

Big thanks to Todd for organizing and Brent for hosting. I'm looking forward to getting together again on 10/25.