|Sent on:||Friday, September 28, 2012 12:55 PM|
Hello Fellow Music Collaborators, Friends, and Thespians -
If you did not know it already from Rachel’s enthusiastic and poetic posts on our Meetup event page, we are very excited about tonight’s Musicals of Stage and Screen/Great American Songbook party. This week also marks a couple of important milestones for our wonderful Collaborative Community. It was exactly one year ago this week that we launched our Collaborative Community on Meetup. In this short time we’ve grown to 103 members (In fact we crossed the century mark this week – Jeff Stundell had the honor of putting us over the top). Tonight marks our 5th official music party and counting the local events that have spotlighted many of our individual member initiatives, we’ve had 20 official Meetups! Kathy, Rachel and I thank all of you! We will celebrate our wonderful community, our shared successes, and these important milestones at tonight's party!
Now here’s what you need to know about tonight’s event:
1. We have a little room for Walk-ins/guests: As of this morning we have 49 members and guests registered, many of whom have stepped up to lead a performance or Collaborative segment. Many of tonight’s attendees are joining us for the first time. Please go out of your way to make them feel welcome as an ambassador of our growing community
2. Tonight’s schedule is subject to change. We will do our best to keep to it, but please be aware that there are lots of moving parts in a program such as tonight’s. Please take direction from our organizers and performers who are leading jam/open segments.
3. Tonight’s Equipment and What to Bring: PiFight will be supplying the PA, a Roland keyboard, most amps, and a V-Drum kit for tonight’s show. Jeff from Acoustic Road has generously offered to bring some extra mikes and cables. We would appreciate if any guitar players who do not want to bring equipment, bring their own guitar that they may plug in to shared rigs. Please bring shakers, cowbells etc. Rachel has posted music and lyrics for many of the jam/piano bar songs tonight in the “Files” section of our Meetup site. If you are leading a song, please bring extra lyric sheets/sheet music, if you would like other members to join in. Please be responsible with all equipment tonight and treat it better than you would your own.
3. The Arts Council of Princeton is a non-profit arts organization that has graciously made its facility available to our group at a minimum cost. We greatly appreciate how our friends at the Arts Council have welcomed us and helped to promote our community. Supporting a local music community – our reason for being – is an integral part of the Arts Council's mission. Please continue support that mission and consider becoming a member of the Art Council.
4. There is another event in the Solley Theater until 5:30 tonight. Please be courteous to these fellow members of the Arts Council community. Our Equipment and food may be loaded in starting 5:30. The building closes at 10PM so all performances must end by 9:45 sharp. We appreciate everyone’s help in loading in, breaking down, cleaning up and vacating the building immediately following our party.
5. What Else to Bring:
• We would appreciate anyone bringing a camera, taking pictures and uploading them to our Meetup group. This is one of the best ways to promote ourselves and grow. PiFight would greatly appreciate anyone willing to videotape our performance tonight –If the quality is decent, we would be delighted to post videos of our songs on our Facebook page!
• Please bring either a contribution of $15, or a contribution of $10 and a sharable snack.
6. This We Believe:
With the continuing growth of our community, Kathy, Rachel and I would like to remind everyone of our community’s shared values which are posted in the “Pages” segment of our Meetup site, and also at the bottom of this note. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Thank you to everyone who is attending tonight and to everyone who has already volunteered to bring “edible substances.” If you haven’t already volunteered to bring a snack, and are wondering what might be needed, (or if you just want to whet your appetite), a running list of food and drink that are being contributed is listed in the comments section of tonight’s event on Meetup.
Big thanks to Brittany Montoro who has generously volunteered to accompany participants in 9 or so segments tonight! Thanks in advance to some of the other attendees who have offered to accompany others! We will take you up on your generous offers!
And finally huge thanks to Rachel for doing the work of three to make tonight’s party a success!
See you tonight!
- Steven G.
This we believe . . .
The Einstein’s Alley Musician’s Collaborative is a nurturing and cooperative musical community located in Central New Jersey. We gather together people who share a passion for making music. Our community is a place for members and seekers to have a lot of fun, be musically engaged, make friends, feel safe to experiment musically, and “feel the love.”
• We welcome people from a variety of musical levels and musical backgrounds and seek to support, encourage, and stretch each other at all levels of musical development.
• We encourage random acts of musical joy.
• We structure a variety of different kinds of events, and facilitate independent member collaborations outside of formal gatherings.
• We embrace musical freedom and creative ferment such that members are inspired to stretch themselves in new ways.
• We embrace diversity and experimentation, challenging, but not ever forcing members to step outside their comfort zones
• We are an open organization and encourage members to invite others in our region to visit or join.
• We expect members and visitors to respect the mission and values of the collaborative in their interactions with the organization and each other.
• We cultivate a special relationship with the Arts Council of Princeton as a frequent venue and a source of creative inspiration.