align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Elgin Technology Center Message Board › California Board of Equalization (BOE)

California Board of Equalization (BOE)

Eric
user 55217672
Hampshire, IL
Post #: 2
Anyone else get one of these ridiculous questionnaires from the California Board of Equalization? And how did you respond to it? I'm a small business owner with no business location in California and not subject to whatever California's tax laws are. Because according to Federal law since I do not have a business location in California, California has no jurisdiction over my business. And since that is the case I should be exempt from filling out their questionnaire. I'm thinking of sending it back not filled out with a letter stating that I have no business location in California and my business is not subject to their tax laws per existing Federal law. I also emailed emainstreet.org at the beginning of the week and no answer yet. If you any helpful input let me know. Thanks.