- The Majesty of Mexico City
- The Charm of Acapulco
- The Excitement of Cancun
- The Mysteries of Guadalajara
On Friday night, April 4, be transported into a world filled with the wonders of the Mayan legends and the beauty Cancun’s beaches as we invite you to step on to Mexican soil for an upscale cultural evening.
Put on your best dresses and tuxedos as we spend a royal evening in this multi-roomed, multi-leveled Mexican Cultural palace filled with rich art, history, music, dance, food, drink, and much more! The Embassy's Cultural Center is a unique and beautiful building, one of the best of its kind in the world. It contains several large floors, each displaying the charms of the different regions of our neighbor to the south. Beautiful gardens, city nightclubs, historic palaces, art galleries, and much more await you inside!
1) LIVE MARIACHI DANCING AND MUSIC: Experience a live costumed Mariachi troupe with music and dancing. Its members have origins from all over Mexico and other parts of Latin American. The traditional mariachi ensemble emerged in the 1800's in several western states of Mexico, including Jalisco, Nayarit, Colima, and Michoacán. It is found at weddings, birthdays, Saint’s Day celebrations, rural dances, and many other social occasions. The spirit of celebration is recreated through its music and dancing. Special dancers will be on hand to perform and teach traditional Mexican dancing, in addition to performing an amazing, authentic Mariachi dance performance with traditional costumes!
2) TOUR: We'll get a special first hand tour of the Center, including the a special inside look into the mansion and the fantastic murals.
3) DJ AND LATE NIGHT DANCING: One of Washington, D.C.'s best D.J.s will rival the best nightclubs in Cancun with both American and Mexican pop music and dancing. Includes modern high energy, Retro, Salsa, today's top 40 hits, and much more!
4) MEXICAN BUFFET: Challenge your taste buds with an authentic Mexican buffet. Featuring: crispy and soft tacos; Mexican rice refried beans; pico de gallo; chips and salsa; spinach quesadillas; cheese quesadillas; enchiladas; flan and tres leches; and chile con queso dip. (Menu subject to change to equal or more substantial quality).
5) OPEN BAR: Enjoy an open bar featuring a wide array of Mexican beers, wines and, of course, Tequila!
6) ART GALLERIES OF THE MEXICAN CULTURAL CENTER: As you tour these incredible grounds, you will encounter a special art gallery. Featuring the exhibit “Man at the Crossroads. Diego Rivera’s Mural (straight from Rockefeller Center)
7) DIPLOMATIC GREETING: Meet members of the Institute and the Embassy, and learn more about our neighbors to the south during a special welcome.
8) WIN A TRIP TO MEXICO: A special drawing will take place for all attendees as one person will win hotel accommodations and plane to Mexico!
Suggested Attire: Black Tie Optional